Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What is new...

It has been quite a while since I have written in my blog.  I have been busy but I really did not find much to write about.  Most of the time I want to write down my feelings, however, in the past when I have done so I have been accused of hurting people's feelings.  Since that is not my intention, I have avoided blogging at all.

Now, I have arrived to a point in my life where my feelings and concerns are not put on the back-burner for the sake of anothers feelings.  Yes, I do care about not hurting anyone in any way, but I too have feelings which must be respected.  And respected by me they will be, even if others don't like it.

I have turned the page in this chapter of my journey through life.  I am learning Braille, and having a blast doing so.  I get out more and I keep myself busy on the Web.  I purchased the latest version of ZoomText screen-reading software, and I have purchased a few new tech toys.  I feel free and happy.  My spirit is one that feels like flying.  I am not going to hod it back, I am in flight.  I have tried new foods and some of my beliefs have dramatically changed.  I now celebrate birthdays, Thanksgiving and the 4th. of July.  I enjoy the company of those who enjoy mine.  I find that I laugh more often and even though my eyesight has taken a turn to darkness, I am happy with my lot in life.  I have been and continue to be blessed.

I am no longer lonely.  No, I have not started a relationship with a woman, I have restarted my relationship with life and all it has to offer.  I enjoy talking with strangers and meeting new folks.  I am more open with my feelings and I find that by being so, people accept me for who I am.  And I find that not only do they like me, but I like myself as well.

I am 57 now.  I have just begun my life.  I hope to continue growing as a person and I hope to continue acquiring knowledge, both book and practical forms.  Those who really love me will stand-by-me, others are free to leave, as it were. 

I was told more than once that I needed to get a life, well I have a life and I am having a ball.....

No comments:

Post a Comment