Monday, June 20, 2011

The Cubs?

Yes, I am a Sox fan, However, i had never been to Wrigley Field and when presented with the opportunity to go, well I just could not pass it up. My Son Anthony got some tickets and we watch the Cubs and Yankees play. The Cubs lost, but that really did not dampen the experience for me. It was really cool. All the people, close to 42k, were there to have fun. Since it was Fathers Day, there were many Dad's with there children, I was one of them. Now I can officially say I have been to a Cubs game.

I enjoy doing things with my children. Yeah, I know they arn't children anymore, but to me they always will be, and I will always be their Dad. I just hope I can live up to that title.

My time with them is unique, even if it is simply going shopping or for a ride. They are a part of me and I hope to always be a part of their lives. I know I talk a whole lot, and I even repeat myself a lot, but for the most part we have very intellectual conversations.

Anyway, I did enjoy the game and truly enjoyed being with Anthony. Today I come back to reality and I am once again a Sox fan. Interesting though how today the 20th. day of June, the Cubs and Sox are playing at The Cell. Oh, yeah I did...root for the Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment