Friday, September 30, 2011

Do times change or do we?

As the years go by, I notice many changes in my life. No, not so much regarding my physical make-up, but rather my mental and emotional being.

So, have times changed or have I? I think times have changed because I have changed. If I still felt, thought and acted the same as I always had in the past, well then times would also be the same. It would be as a routine. Is change good? Well, that depends if your change makes you a better person or not. It would be easy for me to say that my changes have been for the best, but that is my opinion and yours may differ. It would be nice if we could always make changes which improve us as a person, but that is not always the case. Many times people make changes only to find it was the wrong choice. Choice, that is what it comes down to, what we choose to do or not do. Many won't make changes because they are afraid to make the wrong choice. How will you ever know if you just sit there and do nothing? Of course one needs to analyze ones reasons for wanting to change and research the options carefully, thereby minimizing the chace of failure.

Are any changes really needed? That is a question only one can answer. In my case I felt that definite changes were needed. Don't confuse well thought out changes with those forced upon us by the actions or inactions of others. Those changes come about without much of our input or preparation. But, even those can be good if we have the right attitude and don't allow them to ruin us. You see, we can't control what others do, but we can and must control how we deal with the situation.

What I have found interesting and enjoyable about this whole thing we call life, is the fact that we are never too old to change. We are never too old to improve ourselves and our outlook. What the hell, we are here so why not make the best of it...and enjoy the ride!.

No comments:

Post a Comment