Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Today's weather...

Rain, wind and cold. How I remember as a child waiting for the bus on a corner in weather like today's. As you may already know, there were no bus stop shelters. The most you could hope for was a phone booth with all the glass still in place. Store owners were not likely to allow folks to wait inside unless they were actively shoppin. I recall going to the store with my mom and just thinking of the moment the bus would arrive and we could get warm, and a little dry. This was the way it was back then. I am sure that for some today who do not own a car the situation is similar.

Getting home was great. I would get out of my wet clothes and stand by the floor vent to warm up. Getting home and feeling safe made it all worth it.

You know that as I think of it all, such times help you to appreciate how far we have come and how much further we can still go....

No comments:

Post a Comment