Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life and what we choose....

Well it has been a little while since I last blogged, and many things have changed in my life since then. I continue to learn about life and people. Not all is good, but as I often say, "It is what it is!" I stopped trying to figure why people do certain things a long time ago, instead I use my time and efforts finding ways to continue living in relative happiness in spite of them. You see one of the valuable lessons I have learned is that life goes on and we could choose to move ahead with it or just wither and die. I for my part want to see what life has in store for me. While it has shocked me at times, it has also found a way to make me happy to be alive. I live for those moments. They do come and when they do, we feel alive and brand new. I decided a few years ago that I can and will be happy regardless of what comes my way. You see, it is up to me to choose. Yes, I don't always like what comes my way, but how I handle it makes all the difference in the world. If we aren't careful, we get so caught up in the negative, that we totally miss out on the good. We drown ourselves in "why me" and surround ourselves with people who are also miserable. What are the chances of recovery then? Very small to zero. The old saying, "Misery loves company: is so very true. I would rather be by my self than with someone who encourages feeling sorry for oneself. I want to live and enjoy life. I am not going to allow anyone or anything to hinder my attempts to accomplish this! Hope that if you are reading this and find yourself in a bad page of your life, that these words can give you the strength to turn the page forward and find your peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment