Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My little pal...

Yeah, I was wondering if I had spoken about my little pal on my blog. Well I am going to do so now. Her name is Summer. I call her Summer Time. She is a 9lb. miniature pinscher. She is 5 years old but acts like a puppy. I adopted her last year from a bad situation. I never thought I would own a small dog and especially a min pin. I always thought they were yappy and mean. Well she is niether . She does bark but when I tell her to stop she does. The best thing about her are how she comes by me when I am feeling blue. Almost as if she knew how I was feeling at the time. She gives me a hug before I go to sleep and she is there to greet me as soon as she thinks I am awake. She lets me know when someone is coming by my bedroom door, so no one can spy on me or try to read what I am typing on the keyboard. She is a very clean little girl. She doesn't eat or drink a whole lot and her upkeep is simple. I still love large dogs, but my granddaughters are still to young for a large dog to be around. Summer is not the name I gave her. She was given that name by her original owner. I wonder if they knew what a perfect name that would turn out to be? She is a little ray of summer to me. When I feel as if there is no benefit to speak to anyone about how I am feeling I just hold her and feel that all is going to be fine. Maybe that is why they say that a dog is a man's best friend. I wonder why they don't say a woman's best friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment