Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Living a lie?...

Many people are living a lie. Not because they have to do so, rather because they choose to do so. Admitting to their true feelings would not be a popular thing to do. What a difficult existance that becomes...

I choose not to live my life that way. I know how I feel and why I do so, so why cover it up simply because it would be what others expect of me? That's not for me. I love and all know that I do. Shakespeare said that we must above all else, be true to ourselves. It actually is the most honest way to be. I love the mother of my children, she was my true first love, and the only woman I have loved in such a way. I am not going to try and change that feeling. Some may say that I am a fool for still loving her, I say I would be fooling no one if I pretended not to.

Life is so short and living it just to please others simply takes the joy out of it. Not that I don't care about my immediate family and their feelings, I am speaking of those who think they have a right to say how one should or should not feel. Many of whom are living a lie themselves. Will these feelings change...God only knows. I have lived long enough to realize that nothing nor anyone last forever. And love just as any living thing will die if not fed and nourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment