Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Clean your PC...

Yes, I am a stickler about running scans on my pc and cleaning up unused files and such, but when it comes to the interior of the physical PC, I have tended to ignore it. Well, my PC sounded as if it were a plane ready to take flight. I thought maybe the fan or other cooling parts were failing, but I decided to do something I had done years ago on my first PC. I opened it up and removed the fan an cleaned it along with the mother board and heat sync. It did have plenty of dust in it. I used a common hair dryer on the cool setting. I plan on purchasing a can or two of compressed air to do a better job. I put it back together and it is working like a charm.

One bit of advice, take the unit outdoors since there is plenty of dust in the unit which you don't want all over the house.

Hopefully it will now continue to run smoothly, maybe now I won't need to get up just to turn it off...

No comments:

Post a Comment