Sunday, November 21, 2010

Venting our anger...

We all get angry from time to time. For some of us it is more often than for others. I am happy to say that my days of being angry all the time are long over. I have learned how to control myself. This I do both for myself and others.

One thing that really bothers me of certain people is how, or rather who they vent their anger on. By venting i don't mean the act of telling someone your problems with the hope that by doing so you will be able to handle the situation better. I am talking about venting by yelling or displaying anger over someone who is not the blame or reason for you feeling the way you do. I view these persons, who most of the time are children, as innocent victims. We really need to understand why and to whom our anger should be displayed to. It is a very dangerous thing not to do so. Until we face the reason and person for our negative feelings, we will not solve a thing and those around us will suffer. Adults will avoid you because they can, but childdren, especially your own children, will stay and take the mental and physical abuse because they have no choice. Actually they do have a choice but because of their age and innocense they don't realize it. It is actually a very sad thing when we attack the ones who can defend themselves the least.

Remember you can take on new adventures and try to hide your true feelings by inventing new things to do, but in reality you are just postponing the inevitable. You need to be honest with yourself and you must also be honest with the person or persons who you have an issue with. Believe me it is for the best. Not only for you, but for those innocent ones who are the ones quietly dealing with feelings they don't understand. It is so unfair to burden children with feelings of guilt when they are not responsible for any of our screwed-up life...

No comments:

Post a Comment