Friday, March 26, 2010

Thirty six years ago today...

I and my bride wher married on March 26th. in the year of 1974. It sounds like a long time ago, but I can recall that day very well. I remember how we looked and how happy we were. We finally had what we wanted...to belong to each other with a sense of security that no one could ever break us apart.

I have always treasured that day deep in my heart, and time will not erase that. My feelings have been tested with fire and I have managed to survive. And I have heard that when something can resist the test of fire, it will last forever.

One thing has always been a constant with me, and that is that I knew I was doing the right thing back then, by following my heart and the deep love I had for Janet and the child she was carrying in her womb. I will always feel the same. I loved her and I wanted her in my life forever, the fact that she was with our child just made it a higher blessing. It was proof of our love for each other. We were young and given very stupid advice by some as to how we should proceed with our current situation, you could just imagine how stupid people can be. Jan and I would have none of that! We knew what we wanted and together we fulfilled our dream. We got married and had our little girl.

Nothing, no one will ever change that. I will not go on as if this story has a happy ending, I will just say that I will always be grateful and remember the 26th. day of March with nothing but love...

No comments:

Post a Comment