Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Karma...

You can call it whatever you like, I choose to call it karma. The good things I do for people will one day come back to me. You noticed I did not say the bad things I do to people, since I strive very hard not to bring intentional harm to anyone.

So, good karma is what I hope I will recieve. I have recieved good karma on several occasions. I will mention the most recent.

I purchased something on Ebay, as I often do, but this time was a little different. The item was up for auction and I wanted to purchase it with Buy It Now so I could get it sooner. So I made the person an offer and they placed the item for Buy It Now at $5 less than I had offered to pay. I recieved my item and I was very pleased with the whole transaction that I sent the seller the additional $5. I let that go at that. I was happy with my purchase and I felt the seller had gone out of their way to please me, so this was the least I could do.

A week later I made another purchase from another seller on Ebay. I paid the asking price and to my surprise, (karma), the seller refunded me some of the purchase price because the cost of shipping the item was less than she anticipated. Now you tell me, did she have to do that? Would I have ever known that the shipping was less? You see she could have easily viewed that as a plus for her and pocketed the money. There would have been nothing wrong with that, I am sure it happens everyday, but my good karma came back to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment