Thursday, May 13, 2010

Very busy...

Yes, I have been very busy for the last 3 weeks now. All the main level doors have been replaced and all the woodwork around them was also replaced. Then we decided to refinish the oak floor in the front room and front bedroom. That has been a real drag. first of all the guy took 8 days to do it, and then we waited 3 more days for it to dry, and it did not dry well. Some spots will have to be redone since the finish did not grab properly. Now I can't put my furniture back until after Monday. The guy is coming on Monday to repair the sections. I know I should be happy with all the new stuff, but all these little set-backs are very dissapointing. Hope he gets here and takes the proper steps to correct the matter. I know how to fix it but he got paid big bucks to do a good job, and I am going to make him live up to it. Hopefully by this time next week I will be sitting in my new recliner enjoying the breeze as it comes in through my window and maybe then I will be able to appreciate all the changes that have taken place. Oh wait, I just remembered, the roof is going to be replaced on that weekend. Hope to God that goes smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment