Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Roof is done..

Finally, after two years the roof is done! I can honestly say it was worth the wait. The guy did a great job. He used top quality material and his workmanship is not easily found nowadays. I am pleased and I feel pretty confident that we are not going to have any problems. He did a couple of extras for me that I really appreciate. He added a chimney cap which I had been wanting for a long time. He also cleaned out a vent which I had not used in 14 years because of the bird nest. I now have an exhaust fan running straight out the roof through that vent. I know that haveing that fan will help to cool down the whole house since heat travels up.

Now on Friday the last of the big projects will get started. Dave's room, the computer room and the upstairs hallway are getting a new laminate floor installed. I can't wait till that is done. The color is cherry. It is long-lasting and easy to keep clean. There is a lot of traffic up there when Dave's friends come over, so I won't have to worry about the wear and tear as much.

The small stuff which I need to do is nothing, or at least it feels like nothing, after all this major work for the last month and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment