Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Difficult subject...

Yes, I find that this subject is a difficult one to write about since many can get offended by what I say. But, here it goes.

I want to speak about how many individuals proclaim to know God, but completely ignore one of his greatest virtues, I am speaking of forgiveness. God, or at least the God I know is very merciful and forgiving. If he wasn't so most of us would not be here today. After all is this not the reason Jesus came and gave his life, so that you and I could have a hope? Well, I am no longer a religious man but I still believe that Jesus is my savior. I understand that we as imperfect people cannot forgive the way God does. We just cannot do so. But, we can try a little harder if we care to. I understand that along the journey of life things are said and done both by us and to us which cause pain and sadness. But, don't we want to be forgiven for our mistakes? Do we want to constantly be reminded by a look or expression that we hurt someone? I don't think that anyone desiring to live a happy and productive life would want their faults repeatedly put in their face.

I have come to appreciate that there is much more to benefit from if we forgive and move on. Revenge is a very ugly thing and it takes so much energy. Yes, I know some claim that revenge is sweet, but how sweet is it to see a person we once loved suffering and needing forgiveness, and we are so stubborn that we just laugh in their face? Yes, I understand that revenge has it's place in certain crimes, but that is not what I am speaking about. I am speaking of transgressions which can befall any of us at any time. I for my part will live my life with as little to no remorse or hatred as possible. I by no means am perfect. I often say that if there is a hell, I have a reservation there. But, I am going to love how I know I can and I will not allow the feelings of others to dictate who or how I show my love to anyone. God only knows if one day my love, or I should say, the love I give will one day come back to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment