Saturday, August 28, 2010

Doing something nice for yourself...

I know some of you want me to continue with the story of my life, I left off speaking of my first broken heart. But, I will continue that on another post, today I want to write about doing something for myself.

I had a bedroom set which my former wife and I had purchased on Feb. 14, 1982. It lasted quite a long time. Twenty eight years to be exact. Well, I should rephrase that, I had it for 28 years since I gave it away to a young lady and I hope it gives her and her children a few mor years. I really did not want to part with it since there were so many memories behind that furniture, but one has to let go. Just to mention one of my memories, our children would come into our room and ask us a question about their homework and they would use the tops of the dresser and chest to rest their paper and books and write the answers. I am pretty sure that their are still some pencil marks on the tops of those pieces.

But, I bought a new bed for myself and the last thing left was the dresser and mirror, so I gave it away and bought a gift for myself. i got a 5 drawer chest to match my bed. The bed is leather and the chest is espresso. I really like what I picked out. The dresser I found online at The Room Place. I had bought a sofa from them a few years back and I was and still am pleased with it, so when I could not find a chest which I liked at the store I went to, I decided to shop online. As you know I cannot see so I count on a read or written description of what I buy. I really liked the detailed description and I like the fact that it is constructed of wood. It is very well made and the finish is really nice. So while a chest might not sound like a big deal to you, it is for me. I don't need elaborate things to make me happy, I am a simple guy with simple needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment