Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just ask...

You know I often state that I am not a religious man, that is true in the sense that I do not believe in organized religion. However, if anyone thinks I do not believe in God, they are sadly mistaken. I believe in God and I believe that Jesus died for me. I pray to God in his son's name and he still responds to me.

I am but an imperfect person who makes mistakes and needs God's understanding, I also realize that I cannot get on from day to day if not for God's help. This brings me to the reason for this post. I used to believe that if one did not attend religious meetings on a regular basis, God would soon stop giving you answers or help. I actually clearly recall that being one of the teachings. The reasoning behind this teaching was the point that if we stopped attending meetings it meant we abandoned God, not that God abandoned us. So, with this understanding people would just stop praying to God and not rely on him for help. I never stopped talking to God since I knew I could not do things on my own. I figured that if he decided to ignore me that was fine, but I was not going to stop trying. I soon discovered that what I believed about God was correct.

I believed that God loves us all and if we seek him in one way or another he will allow us to reach him. I know this because I have found myself in situations where I felt that I could not go on. In fact, I often felt that to die would not be a bad thing. But I went to God and told him my problems, as if he did not know, and I asked him to please help me either find the way to solve the problem or the strenght to let it go. He gave me the help I needed with his Holy Spirit, so I know that God does care and he will not leave if you stop attending meetings as taught by some. I am sure that there are some who need that physical place of worship in order to feel close to God, and for them that is fine, I respect their right to feel and to believe how they do. I however feel I can and have kept close to my God through his Son Jesus Christ.

So, no matter how you worship God, continue to do so since as far as I can tell, he loves us all and will help us if we ask....

No comments:

Post a Comment