Saturday, September 25, 2010

An owner's manual on life...

Whatever we buy at the store that operates in one way or another, always includes an owner's manual or some form of instructions. Why doesn't life come with a set of instructions? Why don't we get an owner's manual? As I write these words I can hear my mother's voice saying, "We do have an owner's manual, the Bible>" Not that I want to disagree with my mom, but I read the Bible many times, and while I do recall some lessons, not all are there. Many if not all the lesons we learn come the difficult route, as I have posted in the past I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks!

I am older now and I know how to block a punch in the gutt so it doesn't hurt as much, but I am thinking of innocent children who have little to no say as to what happens in their lives. My only sense of relief when it comes to this is the fact that I have witnessed how children seem to rebound faster than we adults do. It still breaks my heart when I see the things that go on with little to no regard as to who gets hurt.

I for my part know that no one is perfect, but I am not going to give anyone a slap on the wrist and say, "It's ok" when they hurt someone I love. While I understand that sometimes relationships just don't work out, I do believe that society, or at least the part of society I know of, makes escaping from ones responsibilities way too easy. But then again what do I know.

All I can do is what is in my control to do. I will love and continue to do my best to set a good example for the children in my life. While I could take the easy route and say it is not my problem and I don't need to worry about it, I don't need any book or set of instructions to tell me that someone must be strong and provide these innocent ones some sense of security.

I am not a religious man, but I do pray to God that he quickly mends the hearts of all the children in the world who find themselves in a one parent household. And I also pray that those parents who are in a situation where they no longer can live with each other, find a way to leave where the pain to the little ones is reduced. And I also pray that these parents don't alienate the other person causing the children to hate, since this will not help anyone, and in fact can cause long-lasting negative effects in a young ones life...

So while there is no blue-print on how we should build a life, may God bless us all who are putting our best foot forward as we try to do the very best we can for ourselves and those who count on us....

No comments:

Post a Comment