Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just thinking...

I really don't believe that in my lifetime my eye-sight will be restored by a miracle in science, but one cannot be sure of anything in life. I however do have moments when I dream of the things I would do if my vision returned. I have posted in prior post how I would first of all run to a mirror to see what I look like, and then my children, grandchildren, the mother of my children and all my family. I remember how some looked, but for my children I have a picture of a much younger person than who they developed to be. I know I won't be disappointed at all by how anyone looks. I would be so elated that all would look perfect. And more than that, I really look at what a person is made of not what he or she looks like.

But, now I would like to write about the things I would do for fun and to earn a living. First of all I would walk for miles every single day. I would find a nice little place and go to it every morning for a cup of coffee and a doughnut. Maybe DD, even though I favor the doughnuts at Huck Finn. I would own a large dog, either a Doberman or a Rott. I would include him or her in my evening walks. As for earning a living, I would buy a small pickup truck and I would print out flyers advertising the things I could do. These would be handyman jobs around the house. I have learned to do many things which people are either afraid to do themselves or simply rather pay someone to have it done. I would not set high prices so that I could build up a clienttell. I would do good clean work so that I would be recommended. I would do an array of jobs from basic electric and plumbing to cleaning furnaces and chimneys and cleaning gutters. I could do some large type jobs such as installing a new toilet and sink with pedestal or vanity. I have done such work even with limited vision, so I am not afraid to tackle such jobs. Actually installing a toilet is a very simple thing.

I would even rent my truck with me as a driver to folks who buy something at the store and then find it won't fit in their car. I would print out cards indicating all the jobs I would and could do. I would also post on Craigslist and anywhere I could place a free ad.

I would be my own boss. I would decide when I wanted to work and when I did not. Since it is just myself now, I would not need to make a whole lot of money. After living off of disability for so long, anything would be a whole lot, believe me. I see many areas where folks could make money if they don't mind getting dirty and making a little less than the other guy while still offering high quality work.

As I said though these are just thoughts I have on my mind just in case a miracle does happen to me in my lifetime. If it does not I will still continue to make myself useful in whatever and to whomever I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment