Monday, January 4, 2010

It's the first Monday of 2010...

It sure feels like a Monday. No matter what year or month it is, Mondays are always sluggish. So make the best of it. Tomorrow is Tuesday. I did my grocery shopping today. I bought some Mexican tamales which were made by and old school Mexican place. If you are from the '60's and from Chicago, you must have heard of La Guadalupana, they originally were a small store just selling mexican bread, or pan dulce, which I also love, and they grew into several small stores and a grocery store on 26th. st. They are now selling products at Jewel. Good for them. I remember the old man and woman who had their little store on Roosevelt Rd. right behind my house. I would go there and buy my concha, and my pretzel bread all coated in sugar. Good memories. I am pretty sure they are no longer with us, but what they started will live on for a long time. And that is great cause I like what they make.

Well, turning the subject to the Bears or DA Bears, I hear that tomorrow they are holding a press conference to discuss what they plan on doing. I hope they do something and not just sit on the two final games as a start for next season. I don't think they will get rid of the head coach since they would be liable for his contract, but I feel that D'angelo and Turner just to name a few should be given their walking papers. I feel that Cutler is a great QB. He needs two things, protection in the pocket and a reciever that won't give up on the ball. I think some of the players on the team can perform with different leadership. If the owner's don't do anything they are sending a horrible message to those players such as Cutler and not to speak of us the faithful fans. We deserve a winning team. Well, that is how I see it.

Man it's cold in Chicago, can someone do something to warm things up? I don;t know what but sending a couple of warm females my way would solve some of the problem, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment