Saturday, January 2, 2010

Minority or Majority...

What do you consider yourself as being, part of the minority or part of the majority? Well, there really is not just one position in life to look at when answering this. Your race may be minority, your religious views may be in the minority, your political views may be in the majority. So as you can see it all depends on each particular situation.

There are those however, who want to be part of the majority no matter what they stand for. This has always puzzled me, why would anyone choose to be a part of a group just because everyone else is? What about standing on your own two feet, even if doing so makes you part of a minority? Maybe it stems from the need to be accepted. As I see it this could lead a person to live a life they are not totally happy with. Just think about it, if what you say and do has been molded by those you want to be a part of so bad, that you lose your own identity? I can't and will not answer for you, but I want to be the author of my own views and thoughts. I don't need to feel the rush that comes from people agreeing with you. I don't mind the controversy of being different. Does this make me right and you wrong, or you right and me wrong? I don't think so. It is a matter of having the right to a personal point of view. If you find it easier just to go with the flow, well then by all means do so. But as for me I will continue to march to the beat of a different drummer when the ideas of the majority don't meet up to my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment