Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Posted a pic...

Well I finally posted a pic of myself on fb and on my blog. I was thinking how interesting it is that all of you can see my picture and I cannot. No I am not feeling sorry for myself by any means. I just think how I don't know what I look like. If I could see I probably would know what to improve on. I guess I could be like the dragon in the movie about Hannibel where he always would break mirrors. Well they are of no use to me. Go figure if you don't know how my room looks, I have full size mirrored doors on my sliding closet doors. Actually the mirrors are the sliding doors. Oh well, one of those things that make you go hmmm.

Wonder if anyone even pays attention to the pictures on a person's profile? I think that if I could see I would probably only look at the pic the first time to make sure that I was corresponding with the right person. Well if that is the case, why did I take so long to post a picture? Well I don't want to look like a total geek if I can help it.

I think that we as a society put way to much emphasis on looks. That is where I have an advantage over the sighted community, since I can't see a face or a body I don't judge a person on how he or she looks. Even though I think that is the wrong way to go about things even when you can see. But let's face it, when you can see you can tell if a person is good-looking or a 'dog'. I speak to people an try to figure out how they look. I know that when it comes to women I must make a whole lot of mistakes, I say that because some women have such a sexy voice that I may think they are drop-dead-gorgeous, when in reality....

Who ever says that looks don't matter to them is not totally honest with themselves. If given a choice we would always choose the pretty one. Why?
maybe cause of our society and how it promotes beauty and fitness. I don't know about anyone else but myself, and if I could see I would be looking for a drop-dead-gorgeous chic, since before too long we would both be old and ragged. That does not sound like me, even though I am writing these words, I wonder if I could see, if I would take looks over sincerity. That would also depend on how I look, I could not expect to attract beauty if I am a slob. And I don't mean weight wise either. So I guess I haven't come to any conclusion today. But, that's okay, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment