Sunday, January 24, 2010

Today was a good day...

Well for starters My oldest granddaughter stayed over and her cousins had a chance to play with her. She is growing up really fast. Soon the games the other girls like to play, will seem childish to her. We need to be patient with her. She was the first granddaughter and the only one for a few years so she has had to adjust to many changes. And now she is growing up so fast that she will be experiencing many changes that are hard for a young girl. She has an attitude at times but I understand her and try to deal with it and realize that she is a baby in a big girls body. I am sure she doesn't want to grow up so fast either. It can be a scary ordeal. I will do what I can to be here for her, as I will for all my babies.

Well, the Saints won their game against the Vikings. I did not want the Vikings to win. I am sure that New Orleans is going to be a crazy place from now until the big game. GOOD FOR THEM!! After all they have gone through, it's nice for them to party.

On another subject, I was a little dissapointed when I recieved my new computer because it was not a tower. Well, I must say that this purchase has really turned out to be a great one. I found out this unit has Hyper Threading technology, which makes the processor work as a dual processor. And now I discovered an owner's manual for this exact unit on the Dell website. I downloaded it and discovered that this unit is what they call a SFF (small form factor) which means it was designed to work either as a true desktop (horizontally), or as a tower (vertically). And since the cd/dvd drive is installed vertically, the unit is much thinner than the classic tower. I was a little leary about this since I did not think the cd or dvd's would stay in place with the door open, but to my surprise, Dell designed it in a way where it works just fine. I should have noticed that the top and bottom panels both have the Dell insignia on them. I did not notice this until I stood it up as a tower. I would not have used it as a tower if I had not read about it in the manual. Now I am really happy. I can put it wherever I wish. I actually think it is really cool how thin it is, and how the corners are rounded instead of square. It was well designed and I am very pleased. So you see, I don't waste my time on the internet, I am always learning something new. Now I know why the seller had it displayed as a tower, cause it is one. Isn't innovation wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment