Monday, December 21, 2009

Fears...

Fears, we all have them at one time or another, if not all the time. If you are an anxious person, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Sometimes are fears are so vivid that we don't want to think about them, talk about them or be reminded of them.

Well, I can't speak for others but in my case I have found that if I face my fear instead of avoiding it, I can deal with it a little better. One thing I do is ask Myself, "If this that I am fearing becomes reality, what is the worse that could happen, will I die, will someone I love die, or will something really bad happen?" I know it is scary to think about it, but if you are honest with yourself you will admit that you are asking yourself or worried about those very things. I have found that after facing the fear the outcome is not as horrible as I thought. Another thing I consider is what if by thinking about the worst possibilities I can beat them to the punch by findin a solution! If I hide from my fears then I can't do anything about them.

I also have come to realize that if I put things in order of importance, placing the things that really matter on top, and all the rest in it's proper place, I can deal with things in a more productive way. Why spend valuable time worrying about things that won't really make a difference one way or another?

Okay, what if one of your fears becomes a reality, are you better off avoiding it, hiding from it, or not doing anything at all? Would it not be to your advantage to face it, read about a possible solution, work at making it better? What if it is an illness? Well do you think it will get better by worrying about it, or ignoring it? I think not. I think that if we prepare ourselves, educate ourselves and do whatever it takes to fight even and illness is far better than just allowing it to destroy us or even cause our death. I don't know about you but if I can add a day of life just by having a good attitude, well why not.

It is similar to a building. If left unrepaired and just ignored, when the storms come they will do more damage or even destroy it completely. Our very being, our body, our soul is just like that building, it we don't take care of it when the storms come we will be overcome by them. But just like a building which is taken care of and looked after can withstand many storms with little or no damage, so can we if we take care of ourselves, face our fears and become emotionally strong in order to face things and overcome them for ourselves and those we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment