Monday, December 14, 2009

Our attitude will affect our mood....

I really believe that our attitude can and will affect our mood throughout the day, even throughout our lives.

I am bipolar, and my mood can change many times during a day, sometimes within minutes. It is difficult to deal with because it is as if something or someone else is controlling you. When i did not know why this was happening it was worse. Now that I know that I am not totally crazy...and know that there are meds. available to help, I can accept it a little easier.

Attitude is so important. That is a good attitude. When I get those moods that are negative and sad, if I feed them with a bad attitude, the mood stays around longer and I feel bad longer. On the otherhand, when I get a good mood, if I feed it with good thoughts it also seems to help to keep the mood positive.

Does it always work? Well, lets say it is a work in progress. It takes time and a whole lot of effort on one's part. Somedays, it is a constant battle. I have learned that the human mind is very strong and capable of so much, but it can also be so fragile and easily disturbed.




Racing thoughts are a large part of bipolar, many thoughts come to you at once not allowing you to concentrate on just one at a time. I don't have the answer on how to avoid this from happening, all I can say is that I try to relax, slow down and wait for the storm to go away. Sometimes it takes longer than others. I strongly believe that those who have sight can benefit in times like this by looking at calming pictures or watching something or someone that can distract you from your oen thoughts. I have heard some people claim that they have a place they go to in their mind wheere they can relax and focus.

Well, whatever one does to help themselves is far better than doing nothing and allowing negative thoughts and moods dictate how we will live our life. I for my part will keep up the fight and try my hardest to keep a good attitude.

Life is not easy, but we have a lot to do with how good or bad it can get. While there are so many things out of our control, don't give up on those that you can control!

No comments:

Post a Comment