Saturday, December 5, 2009

Seems like so long ago..

Seems like so long ago since Janet and I started our family. I was thinking of that and having some warm feelings as I listened to
Enrique and Cindy at their baby shower. There family is just beginning. Hope that their baby is healthy and that they have a long happy life together.

About those feelings I was having, it was just me thinking back to when my children were born, even before that, when Janet was pregnant with our children. I was happy and proud each time. And I still am.

we were so young especially for our first, Jennifer, but we were responsible. We never abandoned our responsibility as parents because of our youth. In fact, we were so crazy about our little girl that we hardly let anyone hold her. And believe it or not we were the same with the next 3 of our children. People always asked to hold them and we would make up some excuse so they would not. It isn't that we did not trust people, simply put they were our babies and we wanted to enjoy every moment with them. You don't want someone else to be the first to see your baby smile, laugh, wake-up and special moments like that.

Janet breastfed our babies and when I could still see, I would watch her and the look she and the babies had, it was a deep stare almost as if they were one. It was special and still is to me.

Whatever anyone does to me in my life, one thing they can not do is to erase thoes memories from my hearth and soul. They are what I am. The whoe webbing of my life is my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment